That's right. I'm talking beaches, seafood restaurants, cascading mountains that just so happen to be named the Cascades, brothers, car rentals, eternal waits in terminals, cramped window seats on airplanes with a certain feisty toddler, mild jet lag, the whole shebang.
Natalie stayed behind for this trip, which left me half empty.
Heather stayed awake for the trip, which completely drained what was left.
Truly though, Washington was amazing. The air was as crisp and clean as Larry remembered it being when we flew there the first time. And the bay... wow. Simply breathtaking to a novice like me who, I might add, has never seen an ocean! And while I didn't get to see the actual Pacific in all it's hugeness, I did dip the tip of my finger in the bay to taste the saltwater. And the mountains- stunning, especially when the sun broke through those end of winter clouds and bounced off the white caps. And I've got to say, the flora out there, even in the tentacles of winter, are a sight. What is it about the ruggedness of those massive, dense evergreens and bright green ground cover (not to mention the all-year-round growing season)?
The greater Seattle Washington area is truly a dream place.
Now a round of images...
If it comes down to it, and I think it will, I can see raising my family here.
No comments:
Post a Comment