Guess who came home for a long weekend? ...I'll let my girls answer... DADDY!
Oh it was wonderful. I'm not exactly sure how many days it had been since we had seen him last, I'll go with 33. Too many. As is in line with my anxious nature, I worried throughout the day, and stayed up til late into the night, then RAN to greet my man!
Natalie and I had been counting down the "sleeps" from the mark of 7 sleeps, and she had planned from the beginning of the countdown that when she saw daddy in bed in the morning, she'd jump on him. That groggy little girl... she woke up, asked me if daddy was home, and when she got the affirmative, she charged that poor, tired man. The loving was truly rich. Natalie leaped right back into her place by daddy's side as if no weeks had passed.
Heather needed a couple hours before Larry could return to her good graces. She was unsure of him, but watched him very closely. When Larry asked her if he could hold her a little while later, that baby reached for him and laid her head on his shoulder, loving him as she knew how.
Throughout the remaining days of our reuniting, Natalie and Heather and, yes! me, stayed on Larry's heals just about wherever he went. I had warned him about this before he got home, and it was no exaggeration.
As for the house, the master bathroom has been the queen bee of the party, but she's just about to be retired. For you see, the shower is in and only needs to be caulked, the sink is hooked up, the shower head screwed in, the painting is finished except for a bit of remaining white coat detailing on the ceiling, and half of floor has been laid. That means window casing, crown, and trim will complete the growth of this baby of Larry's and mine, and we are not sad.
It has been a beast.
At some point, hopefully soon, I will upload some before and after pictures for my amusement.
The 3rd bedroom finally has carpet, and it is lush. I love being in there.
House, you are beautiful. Whoever gets you when we leave will be lucky.
No comments:
Post a Comment