Monday, December 12, 2011

Electricity and Santa

The past few days have been a blur of getting more house stuff done. Larry's big goal is finishing up the electric work in the basement, a job I do NOT envy in the least! My struggle has been fitting in work time between the kids' needs; it's not easy being a good mommy and being a good home remodeler at the same time!

Sunday we took a short and sweet break from the fray and headed to the library to hear stories read by Santa Claus. Natalie's reaction was to be expected... whispers like, "I don't want to talk to him," when he gave her attention and "Tell Santa I want a doll house," when asked what she would like for Christmas. Heather wasn't fazed a bit by him, which is also how I thought she'd be. Natalie was very engrossed in storytime though, and scooted right up to Santa for that.






Alas, sweet times must end, and reality must endure. We got home and hit the work again. Larry and I stayed up til 12am that night working on the electric work. It is still not finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment