Sunday, February 17, 2013

In which I extend a tour

I can't even begin to relate my excitement over getting other people excited over junque journaling. It's an awesome reminder that one does not have to have lots of cash or talent to be creative, although I'll never say those things can't help ;) It may be that a true scrapbooker laughs at what we do... and I suppose it's true that a composition notebook isn't photo archival quality, but goodness! No one else cares about the scraps of life I gather but me, and gluing them into a notebook makes me happy, so I'm doing it. I can't help but think about my book lasting for a generation or two after I pass and being a cool discovery for someone someday...

Below are some peeks inside my journal. I will never claim to be particularly novel in page or embellishment design, because I'm just a girl who finds what I think are pretty things and cuts them and glues them until a page is crammed full of stuff. Some stuff is peculiar, yes. But it's just too darn fun...

(I love old renditions of human anatomy, and the example shown above of pull-up and down flaps full of various anatomical drawings add lots of interest.)


(A page devoted to my love of tea. Quite necessary.)
 
 (Again, I love layering, which makes items bigger than the notebook's pages fit inside. It also adds fun dimension and unexpected surprises to each page.)


(You know all of those awesomely exotic things kids say? This is where I record Natalie's spoken word.)

(Now and then I'll throw in hanging pages on which I'll put small pictures or odd items, tied together and suspended with whatever color string I happen to have laying around.)

(On the lower left side of the picture I've glued in a homemade envelope made with a wallpaper scrap.)


 

(I 've found that tacky glue works very well in gluing fabric from old clothing or scraps found at thrift stores to the notebook pages. Doing so adds so much texture.)

 
(The above pages are my favorite pages yet, bulleting the especially important happenings of each year of my and Larry's life since our marriage.)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment