Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sheyenne Shuffle Race Results

I've gotten back into the running groove, and it feels oh so crazily painful and wonderful alternately.

Today I competed in the first 5K I've been in since 2006. The years in between have been saturated with my love/hate relationship with running, but it's never left me. Two pregnancies, winter winds and ice, and shin splints that have never left since my high school days have been career-killers, so when I finally deemed myself ready to hit the race path, it was monumental... in my world, at least.

I guess all those 5:30 mornings lugging on stinky running clothes and my music player was worth it. No, I know they were worth it. Because when the cannon blew and we took off, I felt good. Very good.

(I'm sorta mid-picture; blue shirt, red shorts.)
 

Once I hit my stride, the course passed quite quickly. It's a 5K after all.
 
I don't have my official time yet, but my running watch (which I did not stop when I stopped) recorded my miles as being in the high 6 minute per mile range. Quite satisfactory, but definitely race-pace. I do not run like a mad man every morning. I may stink like a mad man, but I do not run like one.
 
I digress.
 
My babies were there to greet me at the finish... poor daddy had Natalie who was recently recovered from crying because she fell at one point, and Heather who was currently crying because I left her twice, once at the starting line, and again mid-race where they were cheering me on. It was actually quite sweet to see the video Larry made of this- as I was running past, Heather took off after me, wailing all the way!
 
 
 
 
My biggest and greatest supporter posted an awesome post on Facebook that I will leave for you without further ado:
 
 
Larry Dickinson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment