Tuesday, April 15, 2014

In which I catch up, Part III: Claire comes!

The most most exciting thing of all happened to us on November 3rd of 2013. The night before, Larry, anxious to get labor going, decided to take me on the most winding road he could think of and to drive on it fast... maybe that helped, maybe it did not a thing, but at about 9:00 the next morning, I realized that my contractions were indeed stronger and more consistent than they had ever been, and announced to Larry that I believed our baby would be coming that day. 

I showered! We went out to breakfast at McDonalds! We strolled through a craft store! We spend a couple of hours at a park! And each thing we did got us closer and closer to the birthing center. It was at the park I decided 7-ish minute apart contractions of a quite painful nature required a call to my midwife, and 4 hours after getting to our birthing center, Claire Danielle entered the world. Perfectly perfect.





And four hours after Claire was born, we went home. 



Sleeping in our own bed that night, Natalie and Heather safe and sound in their own beds, Claire snuggled up to me, was the most beautiful of feelings. And the next three days were cloud nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment