Sunday, July 8, 2012

The wettest Fourth of July of all!

So we return from Illinois on Sunday, Lisbon opens her closed-tight arms and we finally find and move all our belongings into a much, much bigger two-bedroom apartment on Monday and Tuesday, then join some of Larry's work and racing buddies along with their wives and kids for a day at Stewart Lake in Minnesota for Wednesday, Independence Day.






Larry and I did things at that lake we had never done before... and had a blast doing them!






The picture directly above is Larry getting ready for his first attempt at water skiing. I gave it a try first, and all three times landed on my face. It's not so easy! Unfortunately, Larry wasn't much better ;)

Natalie was in her own little heaven, swimming "on her own" with a lifejacket on; I'll admit, water that I can't see through makes me very nervous, but the water here was ridiculously clear and warm. Heather was not a fan, but that was to be expected. She's generally a grump about such things. She was perfectly content to sit on the dock with lake rocks, toys, and unlimited amounts of water at her disposal.





We closed out the day with a picnic dinner on the pontoon and a bit of middle-of-the-lake swim time.
By the time we got dressed and packed to go, it was bedtime for the babes, and they promptly passed out for the two hour trip back to the apartment.

We didn't get to see any fireworks this year, but I think the girls had enough fun for one day!


No comments:

Post a Comment