Larry got home from his first lonely week in North Dakota the night before Christmas Eve. Did I mention he scared the *Dickins* out of me? He wasn't supposed to be home until 1am Christmas Eve, so I thought I'd pass the time wrapping Christmas presents (because this year I'm so not ahead of the game).
So I'm sitting on the floor wrapping and watching A Christmas Carol when I hear a loud bang on the front of the house.
Somewhat alerted, I stop wrapping, and listen.
Before I decide I might need to check out what's going on, I hear another bang.
I know someone's messing with me now. Someone who knows I'm all alone.
I jump up and head into the kitchen with the intention of grabbing a knife sooner than later, and look out the kitchen door window.
At first, nothing.
Then a cute guy's head peaks around the corner.
LARRY WAS HOME!!!
I barely got his present covered before he saw it in all its glory. Or maybe he did, and was too kind to let on any clue he saw it at all.
Then the work began, and oh, it is a week I will never forget, but a week I'll never quite remember. We got down and dirty day one. I'm talking cutting and hanging drywall, mudding, plumbing (what a NIGHTMARE!), installing toilets, painting, ripping out nasty rotten toilet floor, laying tiles, cleaning, boxing: you name it, we pretty much did it. Well okay, Larry was the mastermind and master performer of the week, but I did put in my time where I was able.
No comments:
Post a Comment